Zojirushi AH EAE10BA Glass Vacuum Carafe
- High quality vacuum glass liner with excellent temperature retention; heat 151°f @ 10 hrs. / 124°F @ 24 hrs. , cold 46°f @ 10 hrs.
- Vacuum liner made of Japan premium, medical-grade*-equivalent borosilicate glass (tested by a third-party laboratory and rated EP/USP Type I, which is the same as medical grade glass); stain and odor resistant glass interior
- Accommodates most direct brewing attachments
- Unique decagonal design, ideal for home or office use
- Easy-to-use large push button stopper with a durable and sturdy handle for easy serving
Insulated glass carafes are a great item for anyone who enjoys hosting. If you want to prepare and serve coffee or tea for brunch or post-dinner dessert, a quality, stylish vacuum-sealed carafe is the way to go. You can also use it to keep liquids cold, like the milk they put out at coffee shops in these types of carafes. You can also use one of these carafes while cooking. For example, some chefs use one to keep stock warm when cooking dishes like risotto which require frequently pouring hot liquid.
If you need one of these useful carafes for the kitchen, one great option is the Zojirushi AH-EAE10BA Glass Vacuum Carafe. This item holds one liter of liquid, making it perfect to use when serving meals at home.
What is a vacuum carafe?
A vacuum is formed when the air between two layers of glass is removed. This vacuum acts as an insulator because it blocks and prevents heat from transferring through conduction. With no air present, there is no air to conduct the heat transfer. That’s why a vacuum carafe is able to do its job.
You often see vacuum-carafes used by servers to refresh hot coffee in restaurants or at banquets. Today’s carafes often offer the convenience accommodating direct brewing attachments which makes hot beverage prep even easier.
The Zojirushi Corporation has been around for more than 100 years. The Japanese company was started in 1918. Their first products were hand-blown glass vacuum bottles. The company is now an international corporation that’s listed on the Tokyo stock exchange.
Over the years they added other small kitchen items to their lineup like stainless steel vacuum bottles, rice cookers, breadmakers and thermal serving carafes like the AH-EAE10BA we’re looking at here.
The Zojirushi name is synonymous with quality; especially when it comes to the vacuum-sealed containers for which they are well-known.
Here are a few important facts about this thermal carafe:
- It’s made of quality vacuum glass which gives it great temperature retention to keep things piping hot or ice cold. The carafe can maintain liquid temps at 151 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 hours, 124 degrees Fahrenheit for 24 hours or 46 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 hours.
- The vacuum liner is constructed with medical-grade equivalent borosilicate glass that makes it completely stain and odor resistant.
- One important feature is that this glass carafe works with most direct brewing attachments, like cone filters which allow you to brew directly into the pot.
- It has a sleek, modern decagonal design that makes it a showpiece for your table setting. It’s also offered in a number of trendy colors like black, red, gold and silver.
- It’s manufactured with pride and quality in Japan.
- A Silver-plated glass is used to reflect, or radiate, the heat within the carafe which helps regulate the temperature.
- The lid has a tight seal which also prevents heat loss or warming of cold liquids.
- Finally, this carafe has an easy push-button stopper that’s easy to use for anyone’s hands. It also has a strong, sturdy handle to make one-handed pouring easy.
Purchasers give positive reviews and seem overall impressed with the product. One reviewer said: “I’ve been pretty happy. It’s still good looking, arrived in a timely manner and serves the job very well. Pretty happy with the purchase overall.”
Another reviewer gave it a good review and pointed out that the easy to use cap made it easy to use for elders.
If you’re looking for a solid, high-quality carafe that can keep liquids nice and hot, then the Zojirushi AH-EAE10BA Glass Vacuum Carafe is a great choice.