Keurig Descriptions and Reviews
Say goodbye to grandma’s percolator, and hello to the modern coffee brewing system known as the Keurig. Stepping into a kitchen with a Keurig is like opening the gates of heaven and hearing angels singing the praises to all things coffee. Not really. But the invention of this innovative brewing device has resembled something similar to angelic singing for those who simply cannot begin their day without coffee.
The Keurig has become a staple in numerous homes and offices around the world. It’s not just a must-have gadget to add to the countertop, later collecting dust and taking up space. But why? And how does this appliance differ from other kitchen amenities? Because Keurig systems can be for home or commercial use, they are available in many models, colors and sizes, something to fit every budget and taste. And let’s face it- the Keurig is just plain convenient.
Coffee lovers everywhere have been wooed by this creation since the late 1990’s, but this brewing system didn’t actually hit its popularity peak until almost ten years later. The manufacturers are assiduous in developing upgrades to accommodate preferences, as well as improving each system’s performance, style and function.
We’ve just given you a pretty good idea of what the Keurig is and how it was born. Now, how do you go about choosing one? What makes each one different? Which one will work best for you?
We’ve compiled a list of the most popular Keurig models and the specificity of each one:
If you're in a Rush!
Do not just take our word for it, take a look at what customers are saying:
I ordered this machine to replace the giant one I had before which finally died after years of use. I like this one a lot better because the color is prettier and it doesn’t take up so much counter space. I like that it only holds one cup of water at a time. My son had a bad habit of letting the water in the big, black Keurig sit around for a couple of days and then using it. Gross. Now I know he can’t do that with this machine. It brews a great cup of coffee and seems quieter than my old machine. I have nothing bad to say about this one. I highly recommend it.”
“Very pleased with this purchase
This was a gift and I am very pleased with their feedback. Excellent product. Works well, love the color, easy to clean and to use.”
Great, use it every day”
It was a gift but my 26 year old daughter loves it!”
This system is the slimmest of the brewers. Coming in at less than 5” wide, this stylish, yet compact design will work with any space, especially if you don’t have a lot of it. It can brew a hot cup of coffee in minutes using K-cup pods, and boasts these additional features:
- Brew any size between 6-12 oz
- One cup reservoir, just add water before each brew
- Portable, and sleek compact design
- Accommodates travel mugs up to 7 inches tall
- Holds a full accidental brew, making clean up easy
- Auto off feature to save energy
Don’t let the slimmer size fool you- this particular model is great for home or small office use. It is also offered in three different colors to match your décor and style.
Make mornings easier with the K-Classic. Whether you want one cup or three, this classic system delivers the perfect cup every time. With the attached water reservoir, you can easily and quickly brew a cup for yourself or a cup for friends in less than a minute for each one. Always ready, always fresh. The reservoir feature also makes it ideal for commercial use, as well as home. Great for a crowd or a multi-mugger.
This model’s features include:
- Three different brew sizes: 6oz, 8oz and 10oz
- 48oz removeable water reservoir that can brew at least 6 cups before refilling.
- Auto off programmable feature
- Indicator lights, lets you know when it’s ready to brew
- Removeable drip tray to accommodate travel mugs
- Available in 2 different color choices
- Easy button controls. Insert a K-cup pod, push a button, brew.
This may be a single serve coffee maker, but it’s packed with features and capabilities. Not only is it attractive on the outside with its brushed metal surface, but it boasts a large water reservoir that allows 8 cups of brewing before needing refilled, saving you time with your busy routine. This also gives it the capability to be used in a setting with several coffee drinkers, or just keep it for yourself for home use.
Three different brushed colors available, as well as these key features:
- Brew multiple cup sizes from 4oz-12oz, allowing for the most popular cup sizes.
- Strong brew feature allows you to brew stronger, bolder coffee.
- Fast brewing in under one minute
- 75oz removeable water reservoir makes for brewing more and refilling easy
- Get hot water on demand for soups or hot breakfast cereals
- Accommodates travel mugs up to 7.2” tall
- Holds a full accidental brew for easier clean up
- Alerts you when it’s time to descale your coffee maker
- Quieter technology for less noise while machine is in use
Whoa. Now this is a coffee pot. Brew one for yourself, brew a lot for everyone. This system offers the best of both worlds, using both K-cup pods and ground coffee. It gives you the versatility you need for any occasion. Combine that with the rest of the programmable features it boasts, and you’ve got yourself a stellar appliance that makes a hot drink win for everyone.
It’s hard to know where to begin listing the various features the K-Duo brings, but we must start somewhere:
- Multiple brewing options allows you to brew a 6-12 cup carafe, and a 6-12oz cup
- Use both ground coffee and K-Cup pods
- Option to brew a stronger single cup
- Removeable 60oz water reservoir that’s shared between the carafe and the single serve
- 12 cup glass carafe is included, along with a heating plate to keep coffee hot
- Accommodates travel mugs up to 7.0” tall
- Can’t wait for a pot to brew? Pause & serve feature allows a 20 second pause mid-brew
- Auto off feature saves energy
- Heats and brews in one process, eliminating wait time
- Programmable carafe can be set to automatically brew coffee up to 24 hours in advance
- Simple button programming
Coffee, lattes and cappuccinos…Oh my! This single serve stunner does all three so you won’t have to limit yourself to just coffee. Included is a dishwasher safe frother so you can make the perfect latte or cappuccino to start your day. Want a coffee shot? The K-Café has got you covered there, also. Read on for the key features and capabilities- Your next click will be to add this gem to your cart:
- Makes more than coffee- enjoy frothy lattes and cappuccinos
- 60oz water reservoir allows you to brew 6 cups before refilling. Removeable for easy filling.
- Smart start feature heats and brews in one process, eliminating wait time
- Auto off feature saves energy by turning off 2 hours after your last brew
- Accommodates travel mugs up to 7.2” tall
- Comes in 2 colors: Charcoal or Nickel
We welcome with open arms, the newest addition to the Keurig family. This handsome single serve coffee maker provides more intuitive features for perfect brewing. The new strong brew option allows you to kick up the intensity of your coffee if you desire a bolder flavor. Compatible with any K-Cup pods or reusable coffee filter (not included).
Why this is an excellent choice:
- Enjoy popular brewing sizes from 6-12oz cups
- Quiet brew technology, reducing noise while in use
- Kick up your coffee’s strength with the strong brew feature
- Accommodates travel mugs up to 7.4” tall
- Easy button controls: Insert a Pod, select cup size and brew the perfect cup in under a minute
- Removable 52oz water reservoir allows you to brew 5 cups before refilling
When considering space and portability, consider the Keurig K15 coffee maker. It’s compact for minimizing counter capacity, and light enough to put away in a cabinet after each use. Maybe you would like to transport it with you on vacation or to the office- this brewer is perfect for such use.
The K15 contains a single-use reservoir and can brew your favorite hot drink in under 2 minutes. Choose from 10 different colors for a fun twist to appliance décor.
- Compact size makes the K15 small and personal; great for smaller spaces and portable design goes anywhere.
- Brews your perfect amount: Cup sizes between 6-10 oz. Use the smaller cup size for a bolder brew.
- Single cup water reservoir for ultimate portability
- Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs up to 5. 2” tall and holds a full accidental brew for easy clean-up.
- Automatic shut-off turns the brewer off after each brew, conserving energy.
- Fresh brewed coffee in under 2 minutes.
- Cord storage in back of the machine
- Multiple fun colors to choose from
You can see why Keurig machines are popular. With convenient features and programmable options, you can’t choose wrong with any model or style. But what about the actual reviews from people who have used these products?
We did some research and found that the models mentioned above received a minimum 4-star rating and here’s why:
The Keurig coffee brewing systems are made with quality materials to last. When consumers did experience an issue, the customer service was nothing short of stellar and the brewing machine was replaced. Customer service speaks volumes about a company. Since Keurig stands behind their products, you can be certain if a problem is encountered, it will be resolved in a timely and professional manner.
Ordering and set up is a breeze. The most difficulty you will experience is deciding which Keurig to add to your home or office.