Hamilton Beach Scoop 49981A
- Brew your own ground Coffee with single serve scoop filter
- Fast brewing. Brew an 8 ounce cup in less than 90 seconds and a 14 ounce Travel mug in under 2. 5 minutes
- Flexible. Uses a mesh scoop filter so it can be brewed with your choice of coffee grounds
- Custom cup. Brews a single serve cup to your liking with regular (automatic drip) and bold options
- Durable. Designed with durable, easy to clean Stainless Steel to ensure longevity. Built in stand for Coffee mugs
- Great features. Features automatic shutoff after brewing, a spill resistant drip tray and more
- Note to prevent Coffee overflows, fill coffee grounds to the lowest line on the scoop filter and do not overfill. Be careful not to over grind coffee beans, as very finely ground coffee can cause overflows. For a stronger cup of coffee, select the bold setting and use a medium grind size that’s appropriate for a standard automatic drip coffee maker. This unit will not brew without water in the water reservoir, even if the brew button is pushed
- Note : Before the first use ensure the following a. Do not use more than 14 ounces(410 milliliter) of water b. Fill reservoir with mug or cup into which the coffee will be brewed c. Fully insert mug or cup under filter basket. d. Ensure the multilevel/flip cup rest is firmly secured and snapped into place e. 5 discard liquid when clean water cycle is finished. Coffeemaker is now ready for use.
Hamilton Beach Scoop 49981A Review
Finding the perfect coffee maker can be tricky, to say the least. Coffee drinkers bring so many criteria to their coffee maker purchases that it can be next to impossible to find what you’re looking for.
One of the main criteria for coffee seekers is a coffee maker that will brew the perfect cup based on your preferences. Often you only want one cup rather than a whole pot, and you don’t want to compromise the flavor and quality of your morning cup. One coffee maker option to consider is the Hamilton Beach Scoop Single Service Coffee Maker.
Coffee Maker Specs
This coffee maker received the Good Housekeeping Very Innovative Products (VIP) Award in 2012. Weighing in at a little over 5 pounds, this lightweight coffee maker is made of stainless steel for durability. Providing coffee lovers with a single-serve alternative to bulky coffee makers, the brewing instructions are literally as simple as one, two, three.
For many single cup coffee makers out there, you have to choose between coffee brands and grinds. K-cup machines don’t come with reusable filters, so you end up spending extra money on boxes of K-cups, and often have to compromise on what flavor or brand that you want.
This coffee maker comes equipped with a mesh scoop filter that will accommodate whatever coffee you want, without having to spend additional money on filters. You only have to scoop and brew.
How it Works
This coffee maker can accommodate two sizes and is designed to brew quickly. It can brew an 8-ounce cup in 90 seconds and a 14-ounce cup in 2 and a half minutes. After choosing your ground coffee option, you just scoop using the mesh filter, place the filter in the container, and press one of the two brew options: Regular or Bold.
Bear in mind that you do have to be careful how much coffee you add and which brew option to choose. The mesh filter has two measuring lines. Depending on how much coffee you are brewing, you will have to make sure not to overfill the filter to prevent overflow.
The Regular coffee setting is for basic drip coffee (paper or metal grind), while the Bold setting is for fine grinds, decaf coffee, or coffees with a stronger flavor.
Coffee Maker Features
The coffee maker comes with an adjustable coffee stand that will accommodate standard mugs and travel mugs. The drip tray at the base of the coffee maker serves as a drain pan for excess coffee. In case of spilling or even if you want less than 8 ounces of coffee, you can press either of the brew buttons (Regular or Bold), which will shut off the coffee maker mid-cycle.
Cleaning and Care
Be sure to run a couple of cycles before first-time use. The machine will turn off automatically after the cycle has been completed, after which the machine is ready for use and only needs basic maintenance and cleaning.
You can get this coffee maker for about 45 dollars. Although not the cheapest single cup coffee maker option available, it is certainly a cost-effective option compared with some of the more expensive brands on the market.
The Hamilton Beach Scoop Single Service Coffee Maker is an affordable and easy to use machine. Overall, it seems to be worth the minimal cost of pennies per cup. You will have to decide based on how often you brew coffee at home, whether or not this option will pay off for you.